It’s actually pretty important legal stuff, so to make your life simpler we’ve once again translated it into actual human
language. You know, the kind regular people speak. So sit back, grab some hot cocoa and enjoy.
and how we use it. Basically, we don’t sell your data to anyone. We do use it to meet legal requirements and to make Simple better.
And we can start with some good news: there are no updates to our privacy
policy. Huzzah! Onto the next part.
Meet Reg E
Regulation E lays out exactly how we handle fraud on customers’ accounts. Let’s dive right in.
- We presently offer many bank services that may be considered "Electronic Fund Transfers," including, but not limited to, Automated Teller Machine ("ATM") transactions through the STAR®, PLUS® or Allpoint® acceptance marks / networks; point-of-sale ("POS") transactions; ACH transactions, including, but not limited to, direct deposits and preauthorized withdrawals; automated telephone transfers; and online transfers.
Translation: You can move money into and out of your Simple account through card swipes, transfers and ATMs.
- Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Card and/or PIN has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account. If you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card and/or PIN, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your Card and/or PIN without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card and/or PIN you could lose as much as $500.
- Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was made available to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that contacting us would have prevented the loss. If a justified reason kept you from notifying us (appropriate documentation may be required), we will extend the time periods.
Translation: If you think your card has been lost or stolen, block it in the app and call us ASAP. Acting fast is important to protect your info and your money. The longer you wait, the more money you
might lose. This is a rule designed to prevent common types of bank fraud.
- If you believe that your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, immediately contact the Customer Relations team at +1 888-248-0632. You may be required to confirm the information provided by writing to us at the following address:
- Simple Finance Technology Corp
P.O. Box #14400
Portland, OR 97293
Phone: +1 888-248-0632
Translation: If your card has been lost or stolen, call us right away. You may also need to send us a paper letter to officially document fraudulent activity on your account.
- If you believe an Electronic Fund Transfer transaction was processed in error or was unauthorized, or if you need more information about a transfer listed on your statement or receipt, you must contact Simple no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- (1) Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- (2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- (3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- (4) If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
- We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
- For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
- We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Translation: If you suspect fraudulent activity, get in touch with us right away . We’ll figure out what happened, let you know and fix it.
Well, we hope you’ve enjoyed our time together (we sure did!). Feel free to forward this to any friends, family and/or regulation enthusiasts in your life.
See you again next year,
— The Team at Simple